Sunday, August 28, 2011

Tough Week

Wow, this has been a tough week. I won't bore you with the details, but suffice it to say, that this is the kind of week that the nuns back at Sacred Heart were talking about when they said that "God doesn't give you more than you can handle." I'm not so sure about that, but knowing that these ladies thought so does give me some confidence that at least God has faith in me to accept if not master the situation. How do I do it? Some people ask me. I am not sure, really. I have the greatest kids and they are a source of confidence and inspiration. They are busy living their lives, somehow trusting that I'll figure out how to help us make it. I have wonderful, loving supportive friends. I share what's going on in my life. Maybe that's how I do it. I talk. And, I try and listen. And, I accept hugs when they're offered, cards, smiles, emails, facebook messages, and tweets. The events of this week have taken my focus off of my students for a bit, and I have to try and remember that when I'm with them, I need to be WITH them.

No comments:

Post a Comment