Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Post Christmas

I'm getting ready to take Dad back to Jefferson City to his assisted living apartment with, of course, very conflicted feelings. Part of me just wants him to move up here. I realize that would take some MAJOR adjustments in my lifestyle and commitments. I am already OVER committed. Could I manage my own stress and that of my family with an additional member? Of course, driving to Jeff City every Saturday has it's own version of stress. And, having Dad here might take some load off of my brother who has plenty on his plate.

As my dad likes to say, "everyone wants to live forever, but no one wants to get old." How true. We, as a society, are not ready for the demands and the needs of our rapidly aging population. Of course, how old age looks in 10 or 20 years will be quite different as the baby boomer generation complete with Ipads and cell phones and electric cards becomes 70, 80, and 90.

No comments:

Post a Comment