Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Random Thoughts

It's St. Patrick's Day, 2015, and my birthday is tomorrow. I cannot believe that I will be 60, provided I make it through tonight. As I have gotten older, especially these last few months, I've been thinking so much more about my parents. These memories are bittersweet, of course. I'm also on spring break and it's been a relaxing one so far. I had an interview yesterday at St. John LeLande, which I think went well and presents challenges and questions. For some reason, I was researching mixing bowls this evening and discovered a set I want to order. I love to cook but hate the mess, interestingly. But, these bowls reminded me of my mom. My current set is one that my mom bought for me and, of course, that made me miss her even more. And, it is a reminder that I have to get my shingles shot, which I promised my mom I would do when I turned 60. Of course, I would rather be shot than go to the doctor weighing so much...more work to do! I guess that's the point...life is always there, presenting us with challenges and questions. Embrace it and move forward! Here's to the next 60. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment