Thursday, May 28, 2015

Turning Points

As I near the end of my thirty-one years at Archbishop O'Hara as a teacher and administrator, I have been thinking about turning points...those moments in life when as Robert Frost relates, "two paths diverged in a sunny woods..."  For me, there are some significant turning points....

Choosing William Woods...
Leaving my job at Camdenton to begin a Masters in geography at Mizzou....
Leaving my job as an adjunct at Mizzou to take a job as an admissions rep at Rockhurst...
Leaving that job to do graduate school at KU...
Leaving grad school to take a job at OHara....
Getting married at age 30.....
Having babies.....
Being offered a job in Liberty and turning it down when Sarah was 5 and Matthew just a baby....
Moving to Lees Summit....
Becoming the counselor when Lisa quit and Jane was in the hospital......
Moving to the administrative team.....
Deciding to get a second Masters.....
Leaving OHS....

I often wondered what would have happened had I chosen different options?   I would likely be still very much a teacher....married, perhaps....a mom I hope....ah, life is a complicated journey, filled with bends and twists...

No comments:

Post a Comment