Saturday, July 7, 2012

Saturday

It's Saturday.  It's the day when I used to get all the chores done that had piled up during the week like grocery shopping, laundry, cleaning, dusting, etc.  Most Saturdays though I go to Jeff to see my Dad.  I'm not sure how much he enjoys my visits because they are always really short, but Jack told me that it helps him when I do go, so I've gone every Saturday since Dad moved into assisted living back in October.  Except today.  And, I'm feeling a bit guilty.  Life is like that, though.  It's one giant juggling act between what we need to do and what we want to do.   I decided to stay home today and do some of the things that have been piling up.  I started painting the deck today.  I have it over half finished, but I ran out of paint, so will finish later in the week.  The kids are all gone this weekend.  Matt's with the Freelands, Becca went to Hays with Corey, and Sarah is in Columbia with Joe.  I miss them, but it's been fun cleaning and organizing without anyone but Grady under foot.  The dog got a little paint on his nose because he got a bit too close to the action this morning.  And, now I just have to finish the myriad of tasks I've set for myself before my precious Saturday is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment